Friday, August 16, 2013

Learning to Trust God When Things Don't Go As You Plan

So I was running late to a men's BBQ at a friends house in Taipei..so to make sure I go there I carefully studied google maps. I figured out which bus to take...what stop to go to. How to spell the bus stop in pinyin...and how to pronounce it correctly.
Then I left. All was well. I got on the right bus. After going the correct number of stops I noticed my bus stop was not there. So I asked someone. They said we passed it. So I got off the bus...went to the stop on the other side of the road to go back. The next driver pulled up and said to me that I needed to go to the stop on the other side of the road. Knowing that was wrong, and knowing I was already late...I decided to call the host. No answer. : So after awhile I decided to just go home. On the way home my wife messaged me asking me to hangout with her before she went to sleep for the night. So when I got home I set up google hangout and we talked. During that call, an urgent request from a friend who was in ICU came in. So my next call was to ICU. A friend who needed pastoral care in the middle of the night in Central Illinois. I believe the Lord redirected my steps in Taipei on a rainy afternoon so that I would be able to pray for, comfort and encourage my friend in ICU in Bloomington, Illinois. Now isn't it just like God to get ahold of someone to meet us when we are upset and beside ourselves? : One take away I have: when an ordinary task seems to not go right, stop and ask the Lord what you should do. And be ready for a surprise need to pop up. Also, don't hold your own plans so tightly or lean on your own understanding so closely. God may want to use you in a way that you don't know about yet. So be happy while you are being re-routed if necessary.

1 comment:

  1. yes, its a fact that God is in charge of every detail of our lives and fine tunes things as we listen to him. I believe this was Candice and she needed our prayers lately dad

    ReplyDelete